1. Welcome!

Alt Under Ctrl [oːl ˈandə kənˈtrəul], est. 2014, is a non-profit gaming community where users can play relaxing game modes competitively and find same-minded people. Our goal is to host challenging new servers, have fun, and for our administrators not to unnecessarily interfere, except as players. Breaking rules, which exist to protect users from having a bad time, prompts administrators to interfere.

We introduced ourselves. Will you?

BHOP EASY (Added) Muting 'start' sound?

Discussion in 'Added' started by Suruga Devil, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. Suruga Devil

Suruga Devil AUC Friend

Hello!

I am new to bhopping and have been playing a bit on AUC's Casual servers. As a new bhopper, I often find myself having trouble with the beginning of a map. By restarting very often, I hear the 'start' noise a lot. A LOT. It gets pretty annoying sometimes. Is there a way to mute it via the console?

Regards,
    Suruga Devil

2. Chappy

Chappy AUC Active Tribute Financial Supporter

The noise it makes when you leave the start zone is loud and extremely annoying, especially when running prespeed. Can an option be added to disable the sound?

Volts and SexySteven like this.
  3. Chappy

Chappy AUC Active Tribute Financial Supporter

Can this feature be added soon? I like to have volume on to talk to people, but this sound is literally headache-inducing.

Volts likes this.
  4. Wrox

Wrox AUC Senior Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Hi @Suruga Devil and @Chappy,

While important to point out that there is thought behind the sound being emitted at all, such as to help new players know about when the timer starts, I absolutely agree this can be added for example people who listen to music, or more experienced players that find the sound repetitive after a period of time and would like to keep sound enabled. I have implemented the ability to disable start sound (and for the server to remember it).

The ability to disable start sounds has been added on next map change for all our BHOP and Surf servers some minutes after the time of this reply. You can access the settings menu to disable start sounds using !settings.

Thank you for your feedback! As usual, do make sure to post if you have more ideas or feedback.

Regards

Chappy likes this.