1. Welcome!

Alt Under Ctrl [oːl ˈandə kənˈtrəul], est. 2014, is a non-profit gaming community where users can play relaxing game modes competitively and find same-minded people. Our goal is to host challenging new servers, have fun, and for our administrators not to unnecessarily interfere, except as players. Breaking rules, which exist to protect users from having a bad time, prompts administrators to interfere.

We introduced ourselves. Will you?

More staff needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gustavo A., Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. Gustavo A.

Gustavo A. AUC Friend

Lately the server has been more active than it has been for a while.
    More activity also means more annoying people, especially the younger kids screaming and harassing people.
    Afaik. only Guffy is available at the server, and he is not on that often, at least not in my playing time. This results in an uncontrolled server in some timespaces. They are free to harass and annoy people as noone is there to take action.

I was thinking that opening one or two more positions for moderation of this server, would have some positiv outcome in form of less harassing players and such.

Regards,
    Gustavo A.

2. Wrox

Wrox AUC Senior Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Hi @Gustavo A.,

Whilst I am not on there as often as I should, I have noticed aswell. To also clarify that we are on the same page, do you mean Surf: Easy server #13, or #18 in UK? If it is located elsewhere such as our Swedish location, could you cite its ID (mentioned in the Servers page)?

I agree with your feedback. Thanks for writing!

Sincerely

3. Volts

Volts AUC Friend

I agree also. If we had more staff on all of our servers, people may be able to bhop in peace, or at least more civilized speaking and conversations.

BOT =^.^= and - M - like this.
  4. Gustavo A.

Gustavo A. AUC Friend

@Wrox it's the one called Surf: Easy EU #02

5. Domoify

Domoify AUC Active Tribute Former Team Member Former Rank #1

Hi,

I have been inactive for a long while from the AUC servers. But considering to start being active on the servers aswell and help out as much as possible. I go by the name "Domoify" there aswell FYI and you can also just send me a message on steam. I dont have admin privileges at the moment on the servers since im only a forum admin.

Best regards,
    Adam

6. MeisterMaguku

MeisterMaguku AUC Friend

I enjoy altunderctrls bhop servers a lot. But something that is missing are active staff on these servers. I don't know if there currently are, but i have never seen one.

Most of the time it's all quiet on the servers (note, i pretty much only visit EU #1 and #2) with there sometime being friendly chats about whatever topic. But once shit hits the fan, it can look like this:

Bhop Easy EU #1 2017-06-02 sometime around 19:20 Swedish time

As i remembered that i should probably have grabbed his SteamID, he was gone from the sever. His name is at the top of the video.

Once shit finally hits the fan it's either, like in the clip someone playing ear rape sounds through their mics. It's older teenagers screaming at little kids telling them to "shut up" etc. (This also happens the other way around). Or it's, at rare occurrences just super racist stuff.

Some staff members need to get active on these servers as it's pretty much a shit hole atm. Yes, i can mute but tbh i shouldn't have to.

Hope this post can make some difference.

7. Wrox

Wrox AUC Senior Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Hi @MeisterMaguku,

It makes me glad you enjoy our servers!

I do not think there is an easy solution to microphone spamming. As you suggest, crew presence for regulating voice communication at certain times could be a potential solution, but consider: it is not always possible since we are few in number. Making half the server crew for the sake of presence is not the solution, as it brings other issues.
    At the same time, hostility, racism or microphone spam is not okay, at any time. How do we solve this?

I would like to propose somekind of command for Alt Under Ctrl members, depending on credibility, where they would be able to quickly report microphone spammers to crew. What do you think of this idea? What would you instead like to see?

Your post brings what I consider valid feedback. I am following this topic.

Regards

8. MeisterMaguku

MeisterMaguku AUC Friend

Great response @Wrox

I get that staff can't be present at all times because of your small crew but just having some staff member(s) visit once a day for X amount of time to check what's happening and try to talk with members would be a good idea.

A command for players would be a good solution. Some command where players can report rule-breaking players to some sort of system for later review, but a command also sends a "ping" to online staff that something is going down at whatever server that the command was used on.

9. Frey

Frey AUC Friend

So basically the first thing you do when you enter a EASY server, say EASY bhop, is to open up the console and enter voice_enable 0. The general mic spam, cursewords, harassment, music spam and screaming on these servers is absurd. The EASY servers are the ones that attracts the most "noobs" and kids that want to learn how to bhop, which in turn are the ones that spam the most. This, of course, would'nt be a problem if there was a sufficient amount of Mods or admins on the server, but in all my hours of playing on the servers I've only seen crew (admins and such) 3 times, everytime being -M-. I understand that there is little interest in spending time in these servers for the crew, but it's the most toxic server that should get more, if not the most, attention. So while you're not looking to add more admins and such, is there a way to add say, a !votemute, !muffle functions for more veteran players or something similar? I just feel bad for others joining the servers for the first time, wanting to learn to bhop and they are greeted with racial slurs and harassment and does not even know how to turn voice off. It's the worst feeling being unable to do anything at all against a guy screaming racial slurs for a good minute, while the only thing I can do is to say "Please, calm down, be quiet, stop that", wich of course they don't listen to. I believe something as simple as a !votemute function or !muffle for veteran members should make the servers a lot less hostile. Love the servers and hate seeing them this way // Frey

10. My Name Is BROWN

My Name Is BROWN AUC Friend

If there is a way to make sure the only people who can vote on it are long time members that sounds like a good idea. Because at the times when the servers are super populated it gets pretty bad with mic spam and shit like that. I've left the server before just because the spam got so bad.

11. MeisterMaguku

MeisterMaguku AUC Friend

I believe that there is a command named !ignore which does exactly what you want.
    There is an automated message in chat that says:
    * Type !ignore to completely disable all communication of a player.

12. Frey

Frey AUC Friend

Yes !ignore is the same as just right clicking them in TAB and blocking comms right? I'm talking about some way to mute them for the entire server. It seems wrong that the only thing you can do against spammers is to mute them individually, and then again alot of new players don't know how to mute and such, they ask about it in chat every now and again.

13. MeisterMaguku

MeisterMaguku AUC Friend

I did a post about the problem of mic spammers and rule breakers of the Easy servers which @Wrox responded to, so hopefully something like this can be put into place along with a command to report rule breakers.

My Name Is BROWN likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 60 days old.