1. Welcome!

Alt Under Ctrl [oːl ˈandə kənˈtrəul], est. 2014, is a non-profit gaming community where users can play relaxing game modes competitively and find same-minded people. Our goal is to host challenging new servers, have fun, and for our administrators not to unnecessarily interfere, except as players. Breaking rules, which exist to protect users from having a bad time, prompts administrators to interfere.

We introduced ourselves. Will you?

BHOP MEDIUM (Not Added) Medium map time increase

Discussion in 'Not Added' started by Chappy, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. Chappy

Chappy AUC Active Tribute Financial Supporter

Many of the maps on the medium server were moved from the easy server, and I think their time limits have not changed. I think it would be cool to have longer to play on medium maps. This would make routing easier, especially for longer maps.
    My suggestion:
    Easy server - 15 minute maps, 5 minute extend
    Medium server - 30 minute maps, 10 minute extend
    Hard server - 60 minute maps, 15 minute extend

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. Wrox

Wrox AUC Senior Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Hi @Chappy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Going through previously posted feature requests, I see I this was one of the threads I missed to reply. I will reply now to provide a changelog to what we did and did not as a response to this feature request for future reference and documentation below:

Information
    • Map time of Easy is by default 15 minutes.
    • Map time of Medium is by default 25 minutes.
    • Map time of Hard is by default 40 minutes.
    Extends
    • You can by default extend an Easy map by 5 minutes. You can extend 3 times (total 15 min of extension).
    • You can by default extend an Medium map by 10 minutes. You can do this 3 times (total 30 min of extension).
    • You can by default extend an Hard map by 15 minutes. You can do this 3 times (total 45 minutes of extension).

I disagree in making the default map times longer. I instead believe in user choice when it comes to maps, if the mood is right and a majority of players want to play the map, they will vote so. To encourage voting for extension of a map, the Extend option is the first option. This has worked well in actually converting a majority of votes to extensions instead of changes. I hope you get the idea.

Just write if you have more feedback or thoughts!

Regards

Chappy likes this.