1. Welcome!

Alt Under Ctrl [oːl ˈandə kənˈtrəul], est. 2014, is a non-profit gaming community where users can play relaxing game modes competitively and find same-minded people. Our goal is to host challenging new servers, have fun, and for our administrators not to unnecessarily interfere, except as players. Breaking rules, which exist to protect users from having a bad time, prompts administrators to interfere.

We introduced ourselves. Will you?

COMBAT SURF (Resolved) Combat surf server bugs/issues.

Discussion in 'Resolved Reports' started by Unkn0wn, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn AUC Friend

I've found several bugs/issues on the new combat surf server, I've listed the issues I've found under the catagory they belong in. Note that some 'bugs' might be intentional features that I am not aware of, either way I'll play it safe and mention them here.

The surf:combat prefix tag was not available.

General
    • Both teams have their name color set as a terrorist in chat.
    • Both teams have an outer glow on their player models at all times. Even displayed to the enemy team.
    • You cannot pickup any granade on any map.

surf_japan_z3
    • Constant music being played, unique to the map.
    • Ladder in the third house on the right (bottom floor) is not working (next to the secret room door).

surf_japan_ptad
    • All wreckable objects on the map is by default destroyed revealing several secrets hidden on the map. (suggestion replacement map surf_japan_ptad_swg).
    surf_mai_redone_csgo

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. Wrox

Wrox AUC Senior Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Hi @Unkn0wn,

I've decided to split up my answers to your feedback to make this reply as readable as possible.

"The surf:combat prefix tag was not available."

This has now been added in.

"Both teams have their name color set as a terrorist in chat."

This is our theme/Alt Under Ctrl chat, which is orange. Do you think we should change this to be team colours? Do you think it matters?

"Both teams have an outer glow on their player models at all times. Even displayed to the enemy team."

This has been adjusted to be red for the terrorist team and blue for the counter-terrorist team. The thought behind it is to make rounds shorter and camping (the boring kind) increasingly difficult by making it easier to spot people. The glow is currently displayed to everyone. Do you think it should not be this way? Let me know!

At the time of your post, the glows were white and it I understand it was difficult to spot the enemy!

"You cannot pickup any granade on any map."

Looking into this! Flashbangs are not useable, but grenades should be.

"(surf_japan_z3) Constant music being played, unique to the map."

There is not much we can do about this, unfortunately...

"All wreckable objects on the map is by default destroyed revealing several secrets hidden on the map. (suggestion replacement map surf_japan_ptad_swg)." and "Glass bridge that you can enter at the middle house are by default broken. (https://imgur.com/a/q6guIME)"

It should of course not be this way. This has now been fixed!

Your feedback is extra appreciated as this gamemode is, as you for sure know, new to Alt Under Ctrl, and we are trying out different things as we interpret our own version of a Combat Surf server.

I encourage you to post more findings or feedback if you have any in a new post, as I am marking this as resolved. Thanks for the heads up!