1. Welcome!

Alt Under Ctrl [oːl ˈandə kənˈtrəul], est. 2014, is a non-profit gaming community where users can play relaxing game modes competitively and find same-minded people. Our goal is to host challenging new servers, have fun, and for our administrators not to unnecessarily interfere, except as players. Breaking rules, which exist to protect users from having a bad time, prompts administrators to interfere.

We introduced ourselves. Will you?

BHOP EASY Server with longer map times/whitelist server

Discussion in 'Features' started by Guffy, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. Guffy

Guffy AUC Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Heyo

We are some people, who would like to bhop for records instead of just completion. We feel the bhop map times is too short, so our suggestion would be a bhop server with maptimes increased. 5 minutes for a map is too short to be able to grind a good time.

Anyone else thinking the same?

2. - M -

- M - AUC Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

I'm thinking the same, make it a 10 min as min? instead of 5.

3. Guffy

Was thinking like, since we have alot of bhop servers in different locations, maybe take one of them and extend time on that one and keep the others the same..

4. Wrox

Wrox AUC Senior Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Hey there @Guffy,

The original reason behind our more or less unique map times is that we found many new people/rookies completing maps not knowing what to do next, which is understandable for someone unfamiliar to bunny hopping and the vastly different timer systems in use in different servers.

The maps therefore change quick enough for people not to get bored, allowing completion of more than 10 runs on average, assuming everyone plays on Normal. The map times were however primarily shortened prior to !menu being added on completion, reminding players about features such as !style/!restart, in an attempt to teach people that those are available.

An extra server is not needed at this time. We need to fill our primary servers first.

I agree we therefore can increase the map time for 5 minute maps to 8 minutes due to !menu's recent addition, which should give plenty of extra time considering the maps which were 5 minutes long almost exclusively are 10-30 seconds long. An extra extend vote was also added, after an extension already has been made to see if that helps. It should take effect on most of our BHOP: Easy servers today.

Regards

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    - M - likes this.
  5. The Legend

The Legend AUC Friend Financial Supporter Former Team Member

so i wondered becaus i know i like to go for records and it's pretty hard with the time length of the maps so my idea is that we get a sepeart server only for record making where there is like 30min to 45min on every maps.

BOT =^.^= and - M - like this.
  6. BOT =^.^=

BOT =^.^= Guest Former Team Member

i would love to see that but also i would maybe make it a whitelist sever that you can apply for, and also make it so that the map only can be changed with a rtv vote.

Guffy and Beyond :DDD like this.
  7. JustJord

JustJord AUC Friend

Just a suggestion for a new server, the other night @Wrox was mentioning about some unused servers and i thought of the idea for a Whitelist bhop server.
    This would be great for people that are trying to beat records and play maps most people won't play on the normal servers, and put to use a server that isn't currently being used.

The server could have certain things that the normal servers don't have for example,

1) The ability to extend the map for longer than the RTV extend
    2) No RTV timer so if people that were on agreed to change the map they could change it without having to wait
    3) Maybe all the maps from the easy and hard server (although this may be hard being as leaderboards for easy and hard are separate)
    4) No rotation timer for maps

There could be multiple ways of getting onto the server and here are a couple i can think of,

1) A forum section to apply for it, (maybe with requirements like in game level or something)
    2) Server Supporters

Thanks for taking the time to read!
    -Jord

SexySteven, Artii, Chappy and 2 others like this.
  8. PàràAA^

PàràAA^ AUC Friend

Genius.

BOT =^.^= likes this.
  9. Chappy

Chappy AUC Active Tribute Financial Supporter

I agree! I would definitely play on a server like this. I often feel frustrated when the map changes or people RTV mid run.

10. asdassdaasdsdadsa

asdassdaasdsdadsa AUC Friend Financial Supporter

Agreed. More often than not people rtv maps all the time, and the timers are too short too be able to work on a map.

BOT =^.^= and PàràAA^ like this.
  11. Zpinxx

Zpinxx AUC Friend

Yea nice idea dude.

12. TaTa

TaTa AUC Friend Financial Supporter

After having a chat with Wrox about this, we came up with a little idea on how to make servers that allow for grinding maps.

The purpose of this is for people to play on a map for a long amount of time, uninterrupted, so that you can improve on certain maps.

So the idea is that the servers will be the same, apart from these points:
    • I suggest 4 new servers.
    • Each server can hold only 4 players.
    • The base time for the map is 1 hour long.
    • In order to RTV, all players must agree to RTV.
    • Extending a map will extend it for 30 minutes.
    • The option to extend won't expire, essentially making it possible for a map to go on forever if that's wanted.
    • A replay bot on these server (if possible, I know there are performance limitations on replay bots).

Let me know what you think, suggest changes/additions.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    ♛Unstoppable♛, Chappy and Volts like this.
  13. SexySteven

SexySteven AUC Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

I would agree with this, but how would we decide who can join these servers?
    Because, obviously, if all the 4 servers are filled with rookies and casuals then I dont see the point xd
    Maybe some kind of rank restriction?
    Or some sort of application you could fill by a link in the discord/forums?

Also wouldnt it be unfair for the people who wouldnt have acces to these servers? You would get way more time than other people to get better at a certain map.

I don't know if you understood everything I wrote, so if you have questions feel free to ask =)

14. TaTa

TaTa AUC Friend Financial Supporter

That's a good point, they could get filled pretty easily. One solution would be to make it available for Seasoned or Skillful ranked players and above, I don't know which one, but one of those ranks seem to fit best. But you're right in that it will exclude players which would seem unfair.

Another solution, would be to limit it to members only, so people who are signed up on this forum, I think that would be the best solution that doesn't exclude anyone unfairly.

15. SexySteven

SexySteven AUC Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Honestly, I'm not sure about the member thing, because then anyone can join these servers by simply signing up on the site. It seems, I don't know, too easy?

I think the best option would be rank based. Which rank though? Remains to be settled, but I would probably go for Skillful or Contender, maybe even Ninja. As (Im guessing) these servers would be there for more experienced players. I think anyone above contender (Im not trying to insult anyone here) is good enough to start grinding maps if they really wanted.

16. Chappy

Chappy AUC Active Tribute Financial Supporter

I have seen it done on other servers where the "pro" server is accessed by a certain rank (pretty high, like ninja) or you can apply for whitelist on the forum. This is good for people who are ninja skill or above, but haven't played the server long enough to earn that rank.

♛Unstoppable♛ and SexySteven like this.
  17. Guffy

I would say it should be rank-based & require membership on the forums.

I would say contender would be the best option here, not too hard to obtain, so people will actually have a chance to get access to the grinding server after spending some time on the servers.

TaTa likes this.