1. Welcome!

Alt Under Ctrl [oːl ˈandə kənˈtrəul], est. 2014, is a non-profit gaming community where users can play relaxing game modes competitively and find same-minded people. Our goal is to host challenging new servers, have fun, and for our administrators not to unnecessarily interfere, except as players. Breaking rules, which exist to protect users from having a bad time, prompts administrators to interfere.

We introduced ourselves. Will you?

What do the speed/gain/sync messages in chat mean?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asdassdaasdsdadsa, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. asdassdaasdsdadsa

asdassdaasdsdadsa AUC Friend Financial Supporter

Hop 24: Speed: 822/Gain: 58.27/Sync: 91.26/Efficiency: 43.06%

What does this mean? I understand hop, but what does the rest mean?

Chappy likes this.
  2. Wrox

Wrox AUC Senior Warden Team Member Financial Supporter

Hi there,

To explain it as good as I possibly can to you, I have broken down the message below:

Hop 24: Speed: 822/Gain: 58.27/Sync: 91.26/Efficiency: 43.06%
    Speed:
    The speed you maintained at the time of your hop, in this case hop 24.
    Gain:
    The gain from your previous hop is calculated from raw gain divided by your strafe sync, a value that counts how much your strafes are synchronized with ticks. Raw gain is calculated from different factors, like you touching walls and making a hop near a tick's refresh (based on how perfect the jump is). In non-Legit, this part is automated as hops are on-tick. Percentage.
    Sync:
    The amount of your hops that are on-tick divided by the amount of your strafes that are on-tick. Percentage.
    Efficiency:
    Your gain multiplied by your traveled distance since your last calculated hop data message, divided by your trajectory (number of seconds between ticks, multiplied by your speed).

To adjust how the message is formatted, how often it is announced or where on your screen it shows, type !ssj in-game.

Hope this cleared it up a bit for you. Hopefully I did not explain it incorrectly to you. If so, anyone's welcome to fill in/CMIIW :)

Regards

Chappy and asdassdaasdsdadsa like this.
  3. asdassdaasdsdadsa

asdassdaasdsdadsa AUC Friend Financial Supporter

Thank you so much! You explained this very thorough. Cheers!

Chappy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 60 days old.